Friday, March 27, 2009

Supporting Earth Hour Campaign

Going green has become the new black – a fad, a lifestyle, a commitment. People, in one way or another, are now responsive to the escalating threats against our beloved Mother Earth. It has been gaining momentum lately and I hope we could save our planet before it’s too late.

At 8.30pm tomorrow (Saturday March 28), 1400 cities in 75 countries around the world are going to switch off their lights to support Earth Hour Campaign which is a demonstration that people want action on climate change. Our world will turn black for a cause and it will be the biggest show of support ever.

I’m glad that for the second time, our country is exerting efforts to join and widen its awareness. At least, amidst the economic as well as political chaos, for once we are uniting for a good fight. I, as an advocate for planet green, am glad to observe the hour in my own little way. I am going to switch off lights, unplug the TV, turn off my mobile phone, and not use the air conditioner from 8.30-9.30pm. This is not only for our Earth but also to my baby and his next generation to come.

My friends, I’m inviting you all to join the WWF’s Earth Hour tomorrow. Let’s vote Earth!


No comments: