Sunday, March 22, 2009

20 Things You Don’t Know About Me – Yet!

1. When I was in grade school, I had a big crush on McGyver. Not the actor Richard Dean Anderson himself but the character he was playing in the series. I thought having a mind with almost infinite scientific resourcefulness was way too cool. I even had a life-size poster of him in my bedroom back then.

2. My mother gave birth to me in my great grandmother’s old house, delivered by a quack midwife, and my placenta was buried in the backyard. My four younger siblings were all delivered in our town hospital by the same town doctor.

3. If there’s one house work that I do best, it’s doing the laundry either with my hands or with a washing machine. On the other hand, I do worst in ironing clothes.

4. I am a frustrated painter and novelist.

5. I am afraid of total darkness, ghosts, and slimy animals.

6. I have this thing about restrooms. I can’t pee in smelly dirty restrooms. I judge a house, mall, restaurant, park, or any public or private place by its restroom.

7. I am claustrophobic. Though not severe but I seriously avoid being confined to tunnels, prison cells, caves, very crowded places, and small locked rooms.

8. I’m closer to my father than to my mother. Thus, I’m proudly tatay’s girl.

9. Two most prominent physical assets that I love in my husband are his broad shoulders and his chinky eyes.

10. Next to red and white, I like the blend of green and cream colors.

11. I am a certified Kapamilya. I love watching ABS-CBN’s programs and artists more than its major competitor second rate trying hard boring copycat GMA Network and any other network, for that matter, on free TV.

12. There’s only one person I can confide with anything – my sister Jill. We’re like salt and pepper. One is incomplete without the other. Though she’s five years younger than me, I feel that we’re twins.

13. I literally drink ten glasses or more of water every day. I started this habit when I had kidney infection in 2007 and the doc said I had to fill my body with lots of fluids as I can. Then it has easily become part of my lifestyle.

14. I want to grow old gracefully that’s why I don’t sulk on frustrations, hatreds, and failures.

15. I can be maldita when I am crossed BUT I don’t hold grudges against anyone and I can easily forgive and forget.

16. My mother, two younger sisters, and I have the same shoe size – 5.

17. I have four active email accounts, three blogs, and three YM's.

18. I love my two nephews – NJ and Daniel – more than their dads, my younger brothers. In the same way, I think, lolos and lolas love their apos more than their own children.

19. I dislike monotony. That explains why I change the theme of my blog every now and then and why I tell my husband to learn the art of taking the wind out of my sails from time to time. Otherwise, I’ll get bored to death.

20. I secretly (now it's not a secret anymore) wish for a hot balloon ride.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we have almost the same circumstance for number 6, 16 & 19.

Anonymous said...

really, yen? now i'm relieved, you know, it's not only me diay ang overly disgusted over monotony. i thought i was being abnormal about it, i thought i have some kind of illness or something.. hehe..

Anonymous said...

no, it is normal i believe. but there is some downside to it.