Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Matias: Grilled Food at its Best

Lest you would think that I won't pig out at Matias anymore after my not fitting bontog encounter, you’re wrong. If my taste bud yearns for grilled food again, Matias, for me, is still the best place to go.

The smoke and aroma that wafts from its streetside barbecue/food hall is so appetizing enough.

On tables and benches under a tree covered in Christmas lights, this place even had a touch of ambiance at rock bottom prices. They serve chicken barbecue, atay and baticon (livers and gizzards), pork liempo, pork barbecue, grilled bangus, grilled bontog (which I hope you will pass up), soriso (sausages), puso (rice), sawsawan (sauce), beer, and softdrinks. (Our last bill was only PHP191.25 and we were so full na. That is what I call an incredible value meal!)


If you visit Cebu and are looking for a well-priced, no frills meal, try Matias Food House along A.S. Fortuna Street in Mandaue City. You have to be willing to rough it (like eating with your hands), but it undoubtedly presents grilled food experience at its best.

Lami gyud kaayo bai!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss Matias barbecue, gizzard, eating with my hands, and the barbecue dicer (not sure with the spelling though) on my 'puso'...God!!! I miss puso!!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for dropping by kewl momma! if u happen to visit cebu again, u must eat out at matias. i think they serve the yummiest bbq there and nothing beats their ambiance.. it feels like you're just eating right in your front yard, no? have a nice day!