Thursday, March 19, 2009

Another Day in a Military Wife's Life

The sound of rain drumming on the rooftop woke me up around ten this morning. “Tap tap tap”, said the rain as if cuing me to get up, take a shower, and have breakfast. My growling stomach (or my baby pushing the gases out from my digestive tract) made me pull myself out from bed thirty minutes later.

I was in for a treat at breakfast. I feasted on fried fish, boiled egg, seasoned okra, and red apple plus the necessary anmum milk and folic acid. Our cook is not only good in the kitchen but also considerate about the health and wellness of the troop especially with me after he learned my condition. Every menu is well-thought of. My most favorite amongst his special dishes is katuray, a mixture of vegetables and shrimp which only a true-blooded Ilonggo can concoct.

After that.. alas! My eyes were slowly and involuntarily drooping again. Was it because of the gloomy weather or the effect of having a baby growing inside me? Hmmm.. I guess it’s the latter. My mother must be right when she said, “liwat jud ka nako magbuntis day, di maselan, but sige lang katog and kaon.” And so while half the world is on the go, I nailed myself into our tiny yellow bed once more.

At one thirty in the afternoon, I roused vaguely from the half sleep which I had finally succumbed. I half opened my eyes and shut off the incessant sound of my alarm. Then I had lunch of sinabaw na baka with cabbage and freshly squeezed orange juice. Slurrpy!

Right now, I’m fighting off my droopy eyelids yet again but I need to feed my mind and so after posting this I'm going to blog hop, check mails, catch up with my friendsTER, and keep myself abreast with events in the tennis world particularly the ongoing ATP Masters Series in Indian Wells. I’m such a tennis fan, you know. I even mentioned to hubby that our child is going to be a professional tennis player someday. (Ops, stage mother is in the making!) When we’ll move to our new house inside the base, the first thing I would like to install is cable TV so that I can watch a match as it happens.

Speaking of hubby, he is still in a nearby island accomplishing an assignment for the glory of God, country, and people. He will be back on Saturday yet. It’s his first time to be away from me since we learned that I’m expecting. The upside is I could cheat on my curfew which is 9 pm. Last night, I watched "The Other Boleyn Girl" and slept around midnight. One thing I can't do if honey is around. (By the way, I download movies via Mininova using uTorrent.) The downside is I’m feeling so alone. I miss my hubby na.

Oopss.. I can’t fight my drowsiness na naman. It’s time for me to go back to slumberland!

ZZzzzz..

No comments: