Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Journey to Mommyhood

It’s time for me to announce that I’m pregnant – finally!

While I was tempted to shout my happy news out from the top of a mountain after I took the home pregnancy test last Wednesday, I held it as I was afraid the two red lines were only a trick. The following day, I had an appointment with my obstetrician, Dr. Panares of Chong Hua Medical Arts, and she prescribed Anmum for my milk and Meganerv F-A for my vitamins. Yesterday, my OB sent me for an early ultrasound to know the heart rate of my baby and for various lab tests. After learning the result that my pregnancy is indeed progressing at forty days, I then shared the wonderful news with my family and friends.

They were all ecstatic, telling me what’s and what-not’s, do’s and don’ts.

Honestly, the reality that I’m gonna be a mommy in November hasn’t sunk in until minutes ago. When it did, it came as an epiphany that my life is going to change tremendously. Yet I wouldn’t exchange for anything in the world my experiences on a well-traveled road of motherhood. I am willing to be transformed from a not-so-conventional wife into a selfless mom.

Last night, I bought a book entitled Baby Love, A Pinay’s Practical Guide to Pregnancy, by Marivic Soliven Blanco and Ipat Luna, and read it in just one sitting. I liked it and it made me appreciate the essence, grace, and humor of pregnancy. Then I changed my playlist from pop to everything instrumental – guitar, sax, piano, and violin. I've heard it would keep me calm throughout my pregnancy and increase the emotional quotient of my baby as well. I also created a blog to chronicle my journey to mommyhood. It's still under construction though, but please drop by if you have time.

Well, you may wonder, how did Mark react for the “bomb” that he’s soon-to-be dad? I will tell you about it in the succeeding days.

Keep posted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane..kasabay man lang imo idol-Federrer n maki on becoming a full-fledged father soon..whatta!

Take care!

Thanks for the comment sa ako FS d i..was struck with the phrase "a gorgeous body to lust for"..whoa!..kuyawa man.. :)

ryan aka yellowbelle

Go mommy go!

Anonymous said...

Thanks yellowbelle! Federer and mark are indeed contributing something good (or bad) to the world - population growth! LOL!