Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Think Therefore I Am

and I am who I am..

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Having my family around on a Sunday afternoon, cracking jokes, and laughing out loud without any reservations or whatever.

What is your greatest fear?
I fear death, not of my own but of my loved ones.

Which living person do you most admire?
Definitely my tatay. I look up to him since I was a little kid. He is passionate, dedicated, and disciplined. As I grow older, I appreciate more and more the little and big things he does for us.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Backbiting. There are nasty people in this world who take pleasure in ruining other’s reputation, and I despise them all.

What is your greatest extravagance?
Extravagance is defined as “the quality of exceeding the appropriate limits of decorum or probability or truth.” My first answer was “books,” but the bookworm in me says one can never have too many books. So I say it would be food. I will not hesitate spending on good food.

What is your favorite journey?
My journey through life. If I die and live again, I still choose this path I’m taking right now.

On what occasion do you lie?
I am such a bad liar. My eyes expose me every time I attempt to save my ass. Though I would be hypocrite if I say I don't tell white lies, I do, and I think they’re acceptable on certain occasions.

Which living person do you most despise?
Those who are trying hard to climb the social status and hurting others along their mischievous ways. They’re disgusting.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
“OK!” I say this when I’m in agreement with someone, when I spot a good buy, or when I’m enjoying a moment. I may use it too much, but that’s a good thing, right?

What is your greatest regret?
I regret not taking my piano, guitar, and voice lessons seriously when I was a kid. My father, a great musician, used to teach me and my siblings at home but I was hard headed (mom said) and I just preferred playing outside than being stuck in a room with musical notes. It would be nice if I could entertain a crowd with music, no?

Where and when were you the happiest?
Every time I am with my husband, family, and closest friends. They are my angels in disguise.

What is your current state of mind?
Stable and contented.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Too much sensitivity because more often than not, it consumes me.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Being married to my knight in shining armor and having a great marriage. I am blessed.

If you were to die and comeback as a person or a thing, what would it be?
Still the old simple me, or maybe a better me. I love my life, everything in it.

What is your most treasured possession?
My wedding ring.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Living alone.

Where would you like to live?
Our dream house in Bohol, that includes a medium-sized garden for Sunday BBQs, a study room/library, entertainment room, an average-sized kitchen with a kickass oven, Zen inspired dining area, a veranda overlooking our private beach, comfy rooms, a nursery, a laundry room. Set in a safe and friendly neighborhood. Dream on!

What is your favorite occupation?
This doesn’t count as a formal occupation though it does occupy a lot of my time: blogging.

What is your most marked characteristic?
Resiliency.

What is the quality you like most in a man?
The take-charge attitude. It stems back to the caveman days I suppose, when he’d go out with his buddies to bonk a dinosaur on the head and bring it home to his wife for dinner. And, someone who faces the odds no matter what obstacles he must have to hurdle.

What is the quality you like most in a woman?
The nurturing quality. The maternal instinct shines through in everyone, even those who are not mothers. A woman cares like no other.

Who are your favorite writers?
A lot. Lately, I read all four books of Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer, and I read for the third time The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks.

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Right now, Edward Cullen of Twilight.

Who are your heroes in real life?
Tatay, nanay, my husband, lolos, and lolas. Having heroes so close to home inspires me the most to become a better person.

What is that you most dislike?
I highly dislike cigarette smoke, but find myself living with a smoker. Then I realize it’s a matter of how you deal with that kind of negativity. So I highly dislike knowing that I live in this negativity but not successful in doing anything about it. *sends note to self*

How would you like to die?
Peacefully in my sleep.

What is your motto?
Live, love, laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can read between your text that you have a wonderful life. Keep on living, loving and laughing. You are no less than the trees and stars of the universe so, you must find your happiness in every little ways along the journey called life...

Take care and always smile!

Jane said...

Whoa! Don't we have a poet here?! Thanks for the wonderful comment! Hope to see more of you here..