Saturday, March 21, 2009

Iloilo Homemade Delicacies

Mark was in Iloilo for the past two days and when he came back this early morning, he brought me delicious Iloilo’s homemade delicacies. Yippie! I looove eating Ilonggo’s chow like lapaz bachoy and pancit molo as they always satisfy my craving for exotic palate, and with their delicacies, my sweet tooth is certainly indulged. Ilonggos really live to their standard – daw namit gid ya ang pagkaon!

And so, to my heart’s content, I munch with gusto these mouthwatering treats..

Pinasugbo - made of sugar, banana saba, sesame seeds, and margarine. Saraaap!

Piaya (read as pi-ya-ya) - made of enriched wheat flour, vegetable shortening, butter, sesame seeds, honey, and salt. Honesty, I don't like it much but my husband does.

Barquillos - made of banana, brown sugar, and sesame seeds. Crunchy!

Biscocho - made of enriched wheat flour, cane sugar, palm oil, margarine, skim milk powder, iodized salt, and yeast. This is my most favorite because once you crunch one, you'll ask for more and more and more. It's super tasty!

Aside from being known to delectable foodstuffs, Iloilo also prides of having very malambing people. My younger brother Jai is married to a beautiful woman from Jaro, Iloilo and boy, she's a sugar! So whenever I think of Iloilo, I always get lost with some sugary thoughts!

No comments: