Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Easy Like Sunday Morning


When I was fresh out of college, I was burning with desire to be part in the world of work straight away. I was overly idealistic and optimistic. I wanted career growth, challenging experiences, and financial freedom all at once. The burning desire eventually became like a vampire that sucked out almost all of my blood. At one point, I felt something was missing and I thought I already reached the cul-de-sac.

Then my knight in shining armor came into my life, and he swept me off my feet!

When I married him, I made a U-Turn and promised not to go back to the bumpy road again. Not that I don’t want to desire growth, challenges, and freedom, but I want to be more realistic and grounded this time around.

However, being a Sagittarian, sometimes I can’t help fast tracking my way toward my goal. My best antidote is my husband. He is so cool and composed. He’s a Scorpio, by the way. Yet more than the zodiac signs, we really complement each other.

This morning I wanted to do lot of activities but he didn’t allow me due to my delicate condition. (My period is six days late and I could be pregnant.) And so right now, I’m on relaxation mode. I’m feeling easy and breezy with the quiet aircon keeping me cool in the summer heat, my bar of Cloud 9 keeping me full, and a movie that I’ve downloaded exciting me.

I like my day this way – easy like Sunday morning, but not always though.

No comments: