Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Zeal Albeit Chaos

One would expect me to pout over the domestic routines that were piling up while we were away for the long weekend but today I couldn’t bring myself to get piqued as everyone around me is in high spirits.

While I was lying lazily on the bed this morning, Mark made lambing by tickling my insteps with his shoelaces. My sister was humming while dressing up to work. Our neighbors were playing easy listening songs instead of the usual loud ones. The children were laughing while walking to school. And, the man who sells taho was more jovial albeit the light rain that hushes the street.

Indeed, the air is already filled with Christmas chi that lifts the morale of every Filipino. It is the time of the year that we pay no attention to crisis. We don’t give so much damn about the rising of gas prices or the Mumbai attacks or Thais cordoning off their airports or Congress pushing the Charter Change. Instead, we opt to smile over small letdowns and see only the brighter side of life.

In line with this, I changed my blog theme from water to poinsettias. I trust that these poinsettias would inspire me to write happy thoughts throughout the season and to remind me to give a little of myself to the less fortunate children as well. (Please support my advocacies featured on the left sidebar of this page.)

For now, I leave you with this quote from Josephine Dodge Daskam Bacon: Remember, this December, that love weighs more than gold!

No comments: