Monday, December 15, 2008

Spaghetti ala Jane

Mark and his two cousins fired some powerful “toys” at the firing range yesterday. I expected that they would be ravenous after they were done with their physically consuming hobby and so I armed myself with my dependable cookbook to prepare for them a sumptuous feast.

Also, I took this particular time to experiment a dish that I never tried cooking before. I figured that they as starved Y chromosomes wouldn’t mind if it tasted awful as long as it looked appetizing enough.

I chose spaghetti – Filipino style. I varied some ingredients and instructions from the cookbook so as to claim it as mine.

Here's the Spaghetti ala Jane:
(leftover)

Ingredients:
1/2 kg. spaghetti noodles
1/4 kg. ground beef
1/4 kg. ground pork
1/4 kg. hotdogs, diagonally sliced
1 kg. tomato sauce
1 bottle of banana catsup
3 pieces laurel leaves (bay leaves)
1/4 cup brown (brown is sweeter)
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 onion, chopped
1 head garlic, minced
3 tablespoons of cooking oil
1/2 cup of water
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup grated cheese

Cooking Instructions:
1. Cook spaghetti noodles according to package instructions.
2. In a sauce pan or wok, sauté garlic and onions in cooking oil.
3. Add ground beef, ground pork, laurel leaves, bell pepper and water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add tomato sauce, catsup, salt and pepper to taste then let simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. Add brown sugar and hotdogs. Continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Serve with the cooked spaghetti noodles and grated cheese on top.

The whole cooking process made me tired but I guess it was good for a first try nonetheless.

2 comments:

Alpha Romeo said...

The spaghetti looks edible ... bitaw oi it looks delicious.com based on the recipe alone. I'm no fan of pastas but the leftover seems kinda tempting. I also cook but wala koy specialty... pwede siguro tinuwang bakasi with lots of kamunggay. Anyways, basin in the near future I'll be courageous enough to cook & experiment ... like Max's linagpang nga turagsoy or Pilimon's tambasakan with tausi.

Anonymous said...

Hay Roberto! You never fail to make me smile. You are such a witty funny person!