Sunday, December 21, 2008

I'd Still Say Yes

Christmas is my most favorite time of the year for a lot of reasons. One of these is that people are happier, richer and more giving. This morning, I found one more reason to love Christmas – it magnifies love.

The moment I woke up, I saw my husband smiling naughtily at me. I knew right away that something was cooking up. Then he said he wanted me to be his girlfriend (not as a wife) for the day and we would go for a date like we used to do before we got married. I exclaimed “What?!” I wondered why he felt like living our amorous girlfriend/boyfriend past and I swear he acted like an infatuated school boy. Was it because of the cool weather? Or the massage I gave him the previous night? I wish I knew.

Anyway, I said yes.

So we rode his bike to SM and had lunch at Maxim’s Tea House (their sweet and sour pork is mouthwatering). After that, we watched Keanu Reeve’s The Day the Earth Stood Still. We held hands throughout the movie and he would steal kisses on my cheeks that eventually made me blush. Then we went shopping for clothes (slacks and polo shirt for him from Wrangler and white tops for me from Kirin Kirin). Lastly, we braved the overcrowded supermarket to buy more stuffs for the Noche Buena.

When we arrived home, we had a meal of daing na bangus and steamed rice that brought back memories of our first month as newlyweds (I could only boil eggs or prepare corned beef out from the can back then, so he was glad when I was able to fry daing na bangus for the first time! Actually, that was the onset of my confidence to discover the kitchen world). We talked general issues during dinner such as the anatomy of aliens and Kobe Bryant’s low-cut shoes (we basically talk anything under the sun, you know). Before we went upstairs, we watched the 14th and 15th episodes of Prison Break which we downloaded from mininova.org using uTorrent.

All in all, it was a romantic day with my husband. Next time he asks me to be his girlfriend or wife or even as a mistress, I will say yes to him over and over again!

No comments: