Friday, December 26, 2008

Vampire Star Shreds It Off

If you are a Twilight addict (like my cousin Ceej) or Robert Pattinson’s admirer (like my sister Jill) or Edward Cullen’s fan (like me), by now, you have turned to the World Wide Web in a frenzy of look-ups for the sexy vampire star’s new haircut.

Fans think that Rob’s new do is a hair DON’T- he traded in his trademark sexy tousled locks (perfect for vampiring) for a no-muss, marine-style crew cut. (Perfect for looking like a standard Hollywood star.)

I think this issue or non-issue did bite me after my Christmas heightened joie de vivre subsided. What can I do? It’s all over in the internet!

In my view, I commend Rob for not giving in to stereotyping. Yes, he was good, if not best, in portraying Edward Cullen in Twilight but let's face it, we are more in love with the character than the actor himself. Besides, he has to do other movie roles that need to sport another haircut. He can't play vampire forever, you know. Now, let’s give the guy his freedom to decide what’s the best look for him, okay?

Maybe you ask: Can he still give Edward a much deserved justice in the sequels (New Moon and Eclipse) that will start filming in three months’ time? I think so. Even if he will have to wear wigs? Absolutely.

Again, the Twilight series is not all about Robert Pattinson’s hair. It's much deeper and bigger than that. So loosen it up, people!

What do you think of Rob's new haircut?
Love it! Hate it! So-so.
(Credits: http://www.people.com/ and http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/ for the images, www.buzz.yahoo.com for the news, and http://www.pollcode.com/ for the free poll)

2 comments:

Alpha Romeo said...

In fairness, guwafo sha. ha-ha-ha
Bitaw, dugay na ko wala katan-aw ug sine, who knows I might tempt my wife to go vamping.

Jane said...

I could just imagine how you'd bite your wife, roberto. lucky her or pity her? by the looks, i guess she'll surrender to your venom forever. way to go, my friend!!!