Monday, December 22, 2008

Old Photographs and Memories

As an upshot from my romantic tryst with my husband yesterday, I would like to share some of our old pictures and love letters with you all.

(Our first intimate date, Christmas 2002)

Excerpts from my first love letter to Mark:
Sent: February 24, 2003

Honey,

I have so many things to say but I don't know where and how to start. I want to cry. I start missing you now.

I don't know what lies ahead of me in Thailand but rest assured that I will try all my best for you. You are my inspiration. We both agreed that I need to take this opportunity while waiting for you to finish your junior billet.

I want you to know that I love you truly, madly, and deeply. I'm going to miss you terribly, my love. Please take care.

Yours,
Jane

(The first poem Mark wrote for me, isn't he romantic?)

Here's my favorite letter from my husband:
Sent: March 25, 2003

Honey,

I almost cried upon reading your letter. I miss you so much. How I wish we could be together on our anniversary tomorrow. But don't worry my love. We will have all the time in the world to celebrate our anniversaries when you get home and I’m finished with my billet.

It is my constant prayer to have you for the rest of my life.

Since first high school, I already desired you. For many years, I always thought of you every time I wanted to build castles in the sand. Your face came into my mind whenever I dreamt of my future - home, family, and career. I thought you were just a fantasy.

But now, GOD gives me YOU! You are indeed my dream come true.

Always remember that you are my alpha and my omega. Without you, I will become like floating wreckage that has nowhere to go.

You are my port, honey. You are my port where I find safe haven, where I refuel, and regain strength after an exhausting battle. You are my port where I seek refuge when the storm blows and the weather rages.

You are my life, my happiness. I love you.

Forever,
Mark

(We took the covenant of marriage on April 14, 2007 and we promised to live happily ever after.. winks!)

No comments: