Sunday, January 18, 2009

Moving House, Anyone?

With the kind of job my husband does, I am expected to move with him from one place to another. I have become like a rolling stone that gathers no moss but honestly, I am cut out for it. I don’t fear changes. Instead, I like to welcome new surroundings that bring fresh feelings and I love meeting new friends. Most of all, I am pleased to revolutionize erstwhile routines that has been dragging me to monotony.

There’s one thing I dread so much though – packing!

I’m so stressed out and I’m in constant struggle to settle on what to bring and what to forego. No matter how it is done, it’s back-breaking and it takes more time than I wish to spend on such a task. I’m also amazed of how much junk we have accumulated through a short period of time.

Thankfully I have my sister to help me put prized possessions in boxes and throw away what I consider rubbishes to the dumpster. I just bribe her with brownies and Tropicana juice. She’s not whining yet, I don’t know in the next days.

Some of our clothes are now in luggages, pasalubongs in canvas bags, books and shoes in boxes. I haven’t loaded yet the curtains, beddings, PC, Mark’s cherished gadgets, and yeah, his bike too.

I’m thinking, how about if we just live in a boat like the Badjaos (sea gypsies) so that if we have to move again, we’ll just simply sail away! How about that, huh?

No comments: