Thursday, January 15, 2009

Freezing Cold and Gloomy Heart


Sounds like a pair of mixed drinks – freezing cold and gloomy heart. But I do have some of both for two days now.

Freezing cold is as it sounds. In Cavite City, we are experiencing a drop of temperature, cloudy skies, scattered light rains, and gusty winds. According to weather news, it is due to the tail-end of a cold front. My feet get numb whenever I slip them out of my thick blanket while I sleep. Right now, I’m wearing thick socks but I still feel chilly. Grrrr. I hope I won’t get hypothermia. Heaven forbid.

With regard to my gloomy heart, I think it’s pretty normal to feel this way for this kind of weather. But I tell you, it's mainly because I have a serious fight with my husband.

We are not talking to each other for two days now. I’m mad at him because he missed out on a very important engagement. He is likewise mad at me because he said I don’t try to understand him. I refute because the said engagement was very critical to me. I've invested so much time and effort for it and it was what I've always wanted in my whole life.

Usually we just talk things out. Not now. I want to hold my ground and let him know I'm hurt deeply.

I hope that the coldness and our rift won’t last long though. For the time being, I just need a cup of coffee and a long hot bath to make me feel better.

No comments: