Friday, January 16, 2009

Boob Tube Indulgences


As a plain housewife by circumstance, I consider TV as my best friend. It feeds me current events, provides me fashion updates, gives me cooking tips, and a whole lot more. It’s all in one, so to speak.

I am not a couch potato though. I only watch shows that have to do with my interests.

TV Patrol World on ABS-CBN (6.30pm Monday to Friday). It’s the only local show that I watch for as long as I can remember. I like Ted Failon, Karen Davila, and Julius Babao. They are my best source of local news ever.

Naked Science on National Geographic (10pm Thursday). I am amazed with the scientific investigation about the big mysteries of our time such as human life beginnings and death of our universe. It features experts who conduct experiments and lay out realistic scenarios that confirm or debunk common assumptions and misconceptions.

Discovery Channel. If I’m not watching my other favorite programs, I’m undoubtedly stuck with Discovery Channel. I really like most of its first-rate shows.

Tennis Tournaments on Star Sports. The tennis season officially began in Abu Dhabi then in Doha, Qatar earlier this month. My beloved Rafael Nadal reveals more power now that he is the world’s number one. I’m looking forward to cheer for him at the first Grand Slam this year, Australian Open, starting in January 19. Vamos Rafa!

Amazing Race Asia on AXN (9pm Thursday). The Hongkong team brought home the most coveted first prize in Season 3. Team Philippines came second. I think Season 4 will be aired in the 3rd quarter yet. I’ve always wanted to join Amazing Race Asia. Question is, am I capable of doing roadblocks and detours? If you ask me now, I don't think so.

HBO, Star Movies and Cinemax. Needless to say, I’m a movie enthusiast. I browse for movie schedules on these three channels but more often than not, I watch HBO frequently as it runs more up to date movies than the latter two.

American Idol on Star World (6pm Wednesday and Thursday). AI is back! I was addicted to AI last year and I’m glad Season 8 is nothing short of spectacular. There is one I’m rooting for as early as now – Michael Castro. He’s the younger brother of Season 7 fourth placer, Jason Castro. He’s ballsy and I like how he sang Gavin Degraw’s ‘I’m In Love with a Girl’. I’m excited to see how he fares the next round.

ANC. When there’s significant local news I want to follow, I tune in to ABS-CBN News Channel It runs 24/7 and it feeds live streaming from Malacanang Palace or Congress or Senate. Also when I’m in the mood for debates, I watch Korina Today on ANC.

CNN. I always start my day with watching the news from around the world on CNN. My favorite CNN anchors are Christiane Amanpour, Anderson Cooper, Wolf Blitzer, and Larry King.

Channel News Asia. If I’m not paying attention to ANC for local news or CNN for international news, I switch to Channel News Asia for Asia-Pacific Region updates.

Oprah on Hallmark Channel (8pm Monday to Friday). Please refer to my post about Oprah below. It's very informative and entertaining.

Lifestyle Network. It’s one good channel for housewives and working moms. However, I don’t really get to watch it religiously because its programs are replayed over and over and I get bored sometimes. But when there are fresh episodes, I watch Everyday Italian, Barefoot Contessa, and Pairings with Andrea. And oh, Martha also. I love Martha Stewart!

Project Runway on ETC (10pm Wednesday). I’m such a fan of Heidi Klum and that goes without saying, I go crazy over her Project Runway as well. It’s one heck of a show. Love it!

The Insider on 2nd Avenue (11pm Monday to Friday). Showbiz gossips, anyone? If there’s an avant-garde authority in delivering entertainment juices, it’s got to be The Insider.

Velvet. I don’t like Velvet much but it has special programs that I don’t want to miss like Mariah’s Concert in California and Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, among others.

No comments: