Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Celebrate the Obama Era

It’s everywhere.. the Obama madness I mean. History is being made and it’s happening not only in America but also in every part of the globe. I want to do my part by sharing with you the videos that has moved me in one way or another.

Almost all big stars from movie and music industry gathered at We Are One Concert at the Lincoln's Memorial to celebrate history and the future. You’ll Never Walk Alone sang by Renee Fleming with US Naval Academy Glee Club made me cry. It stroke deep chords of my emotions and it made me missed my great grandmother so much.

The sensational Charice Pempengco graced at various Obama Pre-inauguration Balls in Washington, DC. She made every Filipino proud when she brought the house down with her world-class performances. She was also dubbed by Oprah as The Most Talented Girl in the World. Mabuhay ka Charice!

And now, the turning point of our history – the swearing in of President Obama. I want the video to say it all..

Lastly, the first dance of President Obama and First Lady Michelle with Beyonce singing "At Last". (What a fitting song for the first couple! After all their struggles, they finally made it to the White House!) I could only describe it with one word - overwhelming!

No comments: