Saturday, January 17, 2009

A House That is Not a Home

Funny how it seems but just in time I already know where to buy the tastiest pandesal and freshest seafood in town, I have to leave it because we’re moving to Cebu City soon.

Actually, Cebu City is more strategic for me as it is nearer to my beloved Bohol (I can go home to my folks anytime I want to); closer to scenic islands like Boracay, Camiguin, Palawan, and Davao; and most importantly, it’s convenient for me to study my Masters again and put up a business.

Ah, I should also emphasize that goods and services there are cheaper as well as lifestyle is more laid-back compared to Greater Manila Area. It would take me just few minutes to go to the mall and church. I’m kinda liking it. I’m excited, to say the least.

But while packing our things this afternoon, I felt wistful. I guess I’m emotionally attached to the house where we’ve lived in for almost a year now. It has witnessed my efforts to be a great wife to Mark. It has smelt my aromatic cooking along with the burnt ones. It has seen me laugh and cry. I will surely miss it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oi! balik na ka cebu? yey! hope magkita ta...

Jane said...

see yah in cebu girl.. i'll keep in touch!