Saturday, January 10, 2009

How I Captivate My Husband

It’s windy here in CALABARZON area and I like it very much. It’s precisely the right weather to cuddle with your husband the whole day, isn't it?

Not for me though.

My Mark loves to work (or should I say experiment) with details and once he’s into something, it’s very hard to divert his attention from it. Right now, he is so absorbed assembling, disassembling, and assembling yet again his beloved bike.

One way or another, I've reached the maturity to not to compete with his hobby or with his job anymore. If he wakes up at 5am to jog and comes home from the office around midnight, so be it. If he brings home paperwork or new software to install or new gadget to play with, I give him the space in our abode. If he spends his weekend doing his interests like his bike, I let him.

But there are certain moments that I impulsively want his adoring eyes on me. That’s why, through the years, I’ve mastered the art of alluring him.

Here are my major ways..

First, I cook a special dish for him. As they say, the best way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. So true. (At lunch today, I prepared Thai Moo Tot - deep fried beef chunks rolled over to fried garlic and chilies. Chilies are aphrodisiac, don't you know?)

Second, I engage him in an intellectual conversation. For us as a couple, there’s no better turn-on than an intelligent talk. Mark is very clever, knowledgeable, and analytical. He can keep up with my intense and diverse ideas as well. We indeed complement each other.

Last but not the least, I give him a massage. It’s the best letup you can give or receive to or from your spouse. Who doesn’t go head over heels on a massage?

I must add that as a wife, I consider it important to not only look and smell good but also to smile a lot for my husband.

I guess I have to do the charms now. Have a happy cuddly windy day, everyone!

No comments: