Saturday, November 1, 2008

Half-Awake in Subic

The alarm went off incessantly at 3 o’clock in the morning that prodded me and my sister to get up and get ready as we would join my husband to his official tour of duty in Subic Bay, Olongapo City yesterday.

While waiting for the van, we watched live the match of Rafael Nadal and Gael Monfils on Star Sports. As expected, Rafa won and he advanced to the quarterfinals in BNP Paribas Masters in Paris, France.

The van arrived an hour later. Typically, I get excited when I go to see a place for the first time but I was so heavy-eyed and subdued. If only it wouldn’t break my sister’s heart, I wouldn’t go.

I just slept until we stopped over for breakfast in Pampanga. Then, I said to myself that since I was halfway through the trip, I might as well enjoy it. I tried to buoy up myself but still I drifted in and out of sleep the rest of the way.

When we were near Subic, Mark woke me up because he wanted me to see the picturesque view of the lush mountains. Indeed, it was like a Claude Monet’s painting that came alive. It was so nice and just to look at them is a destination in itself. I was briefly pepped up to discover the rest of the city.

When we arrived, we visited first the premises of Mabuhay Corp., the first Filipino company that launched a satellite in space. They were talking very technical things that I couldn’t understand, so I told Mark that I would just stay at the lobby so that I could drowse off again.

After that, everything became blurry as I wasn’t able to come out from the dreamland completely. All I could clearly remember is that I was so relieved to get back to the comfort of our bed at home.

This morning, I only have the pictures to remind me that I was undeniably half-awake in Subic. For the time being, I can only wish that I can go back there and enjoy its beauty once more.
>me and sistah jill
>the double-decker bus
>through lethargy
>shoppin' flowers
>with a zombie
>and, a dead man walking

Happy All Saints' Day everyone!

6 comments:

skawtus said...

You are wonderful! Keep posting! Beautiful! Err... those are cheezy comments. What I meant to say was, this blog is strong in self, and you have it. It stokes me to see such things. cheers.

Anonymous said...

half-awake pa ka ani nga pics ha?!!! or gwapa lang jud ka day.. i really enjoyed reading your blogs!

Jane said...

hi day bern! thanks for dropping by here. Sleepy jud me sa Subic, don't know why. i didn't get to enjoy the whole trip. well, ang ka-gwapa, maintain man jud na. hehe. musta na u? miss ya!

Jane said...

hi skawtus! whoever u are, thanks for the nice comment. :-)

Anonymous said...

interesting blog, love to read every single word.. you seems so naive yet very deep.. God bless on your marriage life!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the nice comment. I appreciate it a lot. God bless you too!