Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Welcome Back, Jocjoc!

It's another evening on my favorite yellow chair, in front of the computer, with the tv on my left. Ordinarily, my husband and I would watch the news and discuss significant points together, but right now, he is busy fixing his mobile phone using my hair dryer upstairs. Thus, I am updating my blog at this moment while watching TV Patrol alone.

Today’s top story is the comeback of the infamous Jocelyn "Jocjoc" Bolante who was the former Dept. of Agriculture Undersecretary and alleged moneybag in the fertilizer scam that vexed Juan dela Cruz in 2004. He sought political asylum in the US but was denied and eventually deported.

He arrived at the NAIA on board Northwest Airlines Flight 71 around 11pm last night. After he was turned over by the US agents to NBI, he immediately boarded an airport ambulance that took him to St. Luke’s Medical Center in Quezon City due to an “ailment.” Hmm.. seems like a déjà vu. It happened many times before that believed witnesses to a probe would either go missing or confined to a hospital by reason of a strange disease.

I was working in Thailand when I learned about the anomaly through philstar.com. According to the Commission on Audit, P728 million was robbed from the Filipino people. The fund for the fertilizer program was supposedly distributed to the indigent farmers in the countryside but it was pocketed by some gluttonous individuals instead.

I’m hoping against hope that a small step into redefining our nation is made by resolving this corruption issue once and for all. If only Jocjoc would come out from holing up and spill the beans on the real fertilizer scam masterminds. C’mon mister, be a real man, be a hero, and give a legacy to our race!

No comments: