Sunday, November 16, 2008

Kiss and Make Up

I grew up without seeing my parents argue with an audience. They always iron things out within the four corners of their bedroom. I remember one time they disagreed over something and disgust was written all over their face. I sensed trouble but they both went inside their room and talked. After a while, they came out smiling as if nothing happened.

It goes without saying that I look up to my parents in terms of settling issues within my marriage. Like last night, I was on the verge of letting all my gripes out here yet my hard core ethics got the better of me. I contend that after my husband and I hear each other out, we should let time, space and quietness resolve the matter, if it can be resolved.

As for me, I pour my emotional turmoil down the drain through words, hurting or not. I create a space where my beliefs are guarded. Usually after a long bath or a cup of coffee, I calm down and then forgive and forget.

On the other hand, Mark reasonably talks a word or two; goes outside and smoke; and, comes back when the dusts have settled. Then he gets his points across by talking to me with a cooler head.

Our marriage is still young and we have so many thorns to triumph over. Yet I have faith that our love will conquer all and we still have each other in the end.

No comments: