Monday, November 24, 2008

The Nymph

My cousin May has an alter ego that is talking to her at SilentMoan and she named her “nymph”. I’ve never been spellbound on ethereal creatures until I get to know a nymph on her blogs.

According to Encarta Dictionaries, a nymph is a goddess of natural beauty such as woods, mountains, and rivers and traditionally regarded as a beautiful woman. Or it can be the larva of some insects such as dragonflies, mayflies, and grasshoppers.

If I would meet a nymph face to face on the eve of my birthday and she has the enchanted power to grant my wishes, I would gladly ask for the following:

First, a weeklong vacation in Palawan. It has been my yearning to indulge myself in the mantel of rainforests, majestic mountains, primeval caves, best diving sites, and pristine beaches of the Palawenos. It is where I could be one with nature completely.

Second, an all-expense-paid trip to any of the ATP Masters Series and Grand Slams events. To say that I am a big tennis fan is an understatement. I so love Nadal and Safina. I follow their careers religiously. It would be exciting to watch them live and experience the thrills of their matches in real time.

Third, a Blackberry. It’s a caprice, I know. However, if I could have one, it must be the Red Blackberry Pearl 8100.

Fourth, a Claude Monet’s painting. I like to paint but painting doesn’t like me. And so I only admire the works of the genius artists like Claude Monet. I was in awe of his paintings that were embellished on my stationeries in high school days. I would love to own one of his masterpieces and hang it on our dining wall.

Last but certainly not the least, a chocolate mousse tiara cake. I couldn’t remember the last time I had a cake on my birthday. Maybe three years ago? This time, I want to pamper my sweet tooth. I dream to get lost in the heavenly flavors of chocolate, cream, and nuts baked on tiara pans. It should be a tiara design as I want a nymph theme.

Well, these are just my whims. I could live through without these things but it surely is a bonus to experience them before I die. On the other hand, I fervently pray that God will continually bestow the true desires of my heart – good health for my loved ones, peace of mind, world peace, blessings and more blessings.

(Happy birthday, pretty May! See, we were born just 5 years and a day from each other that’s why we look and think alike. Haha. Rock on, cuz!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

tennis is my passion too...nadal in men's is my favourite too...henin used to be my favourite till she retired ...cool blog

Anonymous said...

thanks rakesh! i'm crazy over nadal, you know.. especially when he won the Wimbledon this year. it was the best match i've ever seen in my whole life!

Rocky said...

Maria Sharapova is my favorite female tennis player. She doesn't have only the skill but also the looks, like the gorgeous publisher of this blog, JANE! More power and more blessings to come! Advance Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Well, what can i say but a big thank you for the nice compliment Rocky! Keep on dropping by here, okay? All the best!