Friday, November 21, 2008

Misery Loves Company

A man phoned me out of the blue the other night. He said he saw my number on his phonebook and decided to ring me up. We tried to catch up with each other’s lives. He asked about my family and I asked about his. I said my goodbye with the thought that all was well.

The following morning, a woman reproached me for the reason that I took his call. She broke into tears and recounted to me how he betrayed her big time. Interminably, she just kept the pain to herself in order to protect his name but she has reached the breaking point already. No words could ever explicate the misery that she’s going through right now. She wants to die.

She then warned me not to keep in touch with him anymore; otherwise she would never talk to me again.

I conceded because I symphatized with her. Besides, she has always been my rock all these years.

This time she is the one needing me. Thus, I give her all my compassion and support.

For now, I could only pray for the best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

moving forward... seing the future clearly with the one you really love..

one woman with Good Heart!

God Bless.

Anonymous said...

my marriage is the best one could ever hope for.

this post is about someone dear to me. i couldn't reveal her identity here coz she asked me to.

thanks, anyway for the compliment..

God bless u too..