Thursday, November 6, 2008

Best of Mistahs

We'll fly to Cebu tomorrow to attend the wedding of our dear friends, Kenneth and Nina. Their love story is the epitome of a love found, a love lost, and a love found again. Finally, they will tie the knot! I'm so happy for both of them.

Kenneth was the Best Man at our wedding. He did a wonderful job with his speech so as not to endorse Mark. However, Ken made a mistake in asking Mark to be the Best Man to his wedding as well because i know Mark will be "brutal" on him. Haha!

Here's an excerpt of Ken's speech during the reception:

I am a proud classmate and best man of Mark, or Bujix as we used to call him.

I have been with him for quite a time, and that means I have a lot to tell about him. But then, I only choose to tell the best stories so as not to endorse my classmate.

Kidding aside, Mark is among the brightest of our class. In fact, when we graduated, he brought home the most number of awards, which is 6. Can you just imagine how intelligent he is?

As a classmate, I would say that he is reliable and kind because when we were cadets, he used to give lectures or extra instructions to upperclassmen, underclass and classmates who were having difficulties in mathematics and engineering.

As a serviceman, Mark is one good example of a true officer and a gentleman, most especially with Jane.

Above all, as a brother and as a son, he is loving and caring. I am very much sure that he will be more as a husband and as father in the near future.

Although, I am not actually married myself, I thought it might be helpful if I offer them a little piece of advice.

Jane, you can either tell Mark to do something or tell him how to do something but please not both.

Mark, getting married bestows upon you many responsibilities so, be good.

Ladies and gentlemen, on a final and serious note, please stand and raise your glass to my mistah and to his beautiful new wife.

To Mark and Jane, cheers!


No comments: