Friday, October 24, 2008

An Open Letter to My Husband


October 24, 2008

Dear Honey,

Few weeks ago, I posted a poll on my friendster page on what I should do to make you happy on your birthday. The choices were:

* bring you to the spa for a full body massage
* buy you a pair of shoes
* prepare a candlelight dinner
* set a picnic at the pool with friends
* write a poem or a love letter

The candlelight dinner won, but you told me that you couldn’t make it to a dinner because you are scheduled to be on duty tonight. It’s one of the special days that we put off a celebration owing to the mandate of your profession. However, I am not whining because when I married you, I accepted the fact that you should do your duty to God and country first, before your personal commitments.

Except for the romantic rendezvous, you seem to get all what I have mentioned above anyway. You got new leather shoes and body massage the other day, the billet-doux that I’m writing right now, and then tomorrow, we’ll eat al fresco at NBC swimming pool!

What matters most is that you know how much I love you, honey. The everyday things that I do may seem trivial yet those are my ways to show the depth of my commitment and passion for you. Rest assured that when we get old and have gray hair to remind us that we’ve travelled long enough, I will still hold your hand, look into your eyes, and tell you that you are the best thing that ever happened to me. At this point, I want to shout to the world that you are mine and mine alone, and nothing could ever come between us. You are my soulmate, the angel of my life, and my eternal love.

Happy birthday, my love.


Yours forever,
Jane


->see the jpeg file

No comments: